Monday, January 31, 2005

Did Jesus eat chocolate?

Or the Buddha or the founder of Islam. This question has been taxing me. What concerns me most is why it should. Sure, tis one of the great joys of life. Should avatars enjoy the fruits of the Earth. If not why not?

What I am trying to get at is the literally deadly seriousness of some of these characters and especially their acolytes.

Now, as to Vegetarians. When meat eaters visit my house I never, or rarely, offer them meat. Yet, when I go out to dinner the host is usually only too solicitous to provide something vegetarian . Food for thought.

While on this line:
Alan Watts was asked why he was vegetarian and he replied "Because cows scream louder than carrots". His friend used to be vegetarian at home but would eat meat when dining out. He explained "The cow is dead but the hostess is still alive".

3 Comments:

Blogger Gastenboek Lya's vakantiehuis said...

Hi Tim,

I think you are touching the base of vegitarianism here.
Aspects of religion to it I am sure.

Jouke (Omnivore)

Tuesday, February 08, 2005  
Blogger Tim Goulding said...

Yes Jouke, I think there is a cult aspect to us vegetarians. Will attempt to modify my stance. It's wonderful how ageing modifies one's views (or hardens them as the case may be).

Monday, February 14, 2005  
Blogger Tim Goulding said...

Yes Jouke, I think there is a cult aspect to us vegetarians. Will attempt to modify my stance. It's wonderful how ageing modifies one's views (or hardens them as the case may be).

Monday, February 14, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home